You can make 6 delicious bagels with this recipe
- 50g All Purpose Flour
- 80g water
- 0,7g fresh yeast
- 250g All Purpose Flour
- 80g water
- 5g fresh yeast
- 10g honey
- 6g salt
- 10g butter
- Any seeds of your choice (e.g. black or white sesame with poppy)
- First prepare the pre-dough for the bagel recipe. Then simply mix all ingredients and let them mature for 8 to 12 hours at room temperature.
- The next step is to set the main dough to rise. To do this, dissolve the yeast in about 20g water and knead all remaining ingredients together to a smooth dough. First about one minute on the lowest step and 10 – 15 minutes on the second step.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Round each dough piece on the lightly floured worktop like a classic bun.
- Press a hole in the dough piece with your finger. Turn the dough piece with your finger on the worktop until you have a ring about 9cm wide.
- Cover the bagels and let them rest at room temperature for 0.5 – 1.5 hours.
- Boil the water in a pot and leave the dough pieces to stand for one minute on each side.
- Drain the bagels well and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake the bagels at 210°C top/bottom heat for about 25 minutes until light brown.