It happened to me again the other day. I had no more bread in the house. Since I was hungry for a whole wheat bread and the bread should be ready the same evening at the latest, a best whole wheat bread recipe has been created, which I would like to introduce to you today.
Of course, this whole wheat bread cannot taste like a whole wheat sourdough bread with a long dough guide. In my opinion, however, this recipe is superior to an 0815 industrial bread.Print
- 450g whole wheat flour
- 200g yogurt
- 150g warm water
- 50g freshly roasted sunflower seeds
- 50g rye flour
- 8g fresh yeast
- 10g salt
- 20g warm water
for the decoration:
- sunflower seeds
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- For the soaker, first mix the yoghurt with water and then knead with the flour to form a homogeneous firm dough. Now cover and let it rest at room temperature for about 60 minutes.
- Crumble the yeast and dissolve in 20g lukewarm water.
- For the main dough, mix the remaining ingredients, add the dissolved yeast at the end and knead everything into a firm dough.
- The ready dough is now left at room temperature for about 90 minutes. Ideally, the dough should be folded once after 30 minutes and once after 60 minutes.
- distribute the grains in a large baking dish or on the countertop for rolling.
- Now, work the dough for the fast whole wheat bread for a long time and moisten carefully on all sides with your hands. Now roll the moist dough piece in the grains.
- The dough is then placed in the fermentation basket for 45 minutes to mature. The fermentation basket should be sprinkled with more poppy seed than flour.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. As soon as the dough is put into the oven, the temperature must be lowered to 220°C.
- Steam bake the bread with for about 45 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
By the way: If you don’t have a breadstone, or you don’t want to steam (Bake with steam), you can also bake this quick whole wheat bread in a Pot.
I baked my quick whole wheat bread right in the pot. Here you see it ready baked and cut:
If you liked the recipe for the best whole wheat bread, I would be very happy about a 5 star rating and a comment.