- 450g whole wheat flour
- 200g yogurt
- 150g warm water
- 50g freshly roasted sunflower seeds
- 50g rye flour
- 8g fresh yeast
- 10g salt
- 20g warm water
for the decoration:
- sunflower seeds
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- For the soaker, first mix the yoghurt with water and then knead with the flour to form a homogeneous firm dough. Now cover and let it rest at room temperature for about 60 minutes.
- Crumble the yeast and dissolve in 20g lukewarm water.
- For the main dough, mix the remaining ingredients, add the dissolved yeast at the end and knead everything into a firm dough.
- The ready dough is now left at room temperature for about 90 minutes. Ideally, the dough should be folded once after 30 minutes and once after 60 minutes.
- distribute the grains in a large baking dish or on the countertop for rolling.
- Now, work the dough for the fast whole wheat bread for a long time and moisten carefully on all sides with your hands. Now roll the moist dough piece in the grains.
- The dough is then placed in the fermentation basket for 45 minutes to mature. The fermentation basket should be sprinkled with more poppy seed than flour.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. As soon as the dough is put into the oven, the temperature must be lowered to 220°C.
- Steam bake the bread with for about 45 minutes.