It’s been far too long since I’ve published a new Bread recipe. So today, with this buttermilk bread recipe, I want to present you one of my favorite recipes.
This buttermilk bread recipe is based on a classic wheat bread refined with buttermilk.
This keeps it fresh and juicy for longer. The butter milk also gives it a fine sour note.
If you love a crispy crust, this bread is perfect for Baking in a Pot.
The buttermilk bread recipe is very simple and requires few ingredients. Therefore it is ideal for beginners.
Otherwise it serves as a basic recipe and can be modified as required. In the Danish variant, for example, this buttermilk bread is sprinkled with white poppy seed.Print
So everyone can bake this bread again, it is designed for baking in the oven. You can also bake it in a pot or roaster without any problems.
- 615g All Purpose Flour
- 205g water
- 200g buttermilk
- 12g salt
- 0,5g fresh yeast
- the preparation of the buttermilk bread recipe is quite simple. As with any classic bread recipe, take about 20g of warm water and mix it with the crumbled yeast.
- Add the remaining liquids into the mixing bowl and dissolve the salt in it.
- The buttermilk bread recipe is almost ready. Add the flour and the dissolved yeast and knead well.
- Now the dough must rest covered for 20-30 hours at room temperature. It should be folded every 8 hours.
- After the dough has been left to rest, fold once so that it is under tension. Put the dough in the Baking basket and let it rest for one hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 250°C top/bottom heat. When the oven has reached the temperature, place the dough on the middle rail in the oven and immediately lower the temperature to 230°.
- After about 40 minutes the bread is ready and can be taken out to cool down.
The buttermilk bread recipe actually requires the dough to be folded every 8 hours. Unfortunately, I had no time to upload the buttermilk bread photographed here. When you fold it, the crumb loosens considerably.
This recipe is one of my favorite recipes. If you liked the bread recipe, I would be very happy with a 5-star rating.