So everyone can bake this bread again, it is designed for baking in the oven. You can also bake it in a pot or roaster without any problems.
- 615g All Purpose Flour
- 205g water
- 200g buttermilk
- 12g salt
- 0,5g fresh yeast
- the preparation of the buttermilk bread recipe is quite simple. As with any classic bread recipe, take about 20g of warm water and mix it with the crumbled yeast.
- Add the remaining liquids into the mixing bowl and dissolve the salt in it.
- The buttermilk bread recipe is almost ready. Add the flour and the dissolved yeast and knead well.
- Now the dough must rest covered for 20-30 hours at room temperature. It should be folded every 8 hours.
- After the dough has been left to rest, fold once so that it is under tension. Put the dough in the Baking basket and let it rest for one hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 250°C top/bottom heat. When the oven has reached the temperature, place the dough on the middle rail in the oven and immediately lower the temperature to 230°.
- After about 40 minutes the bread is ready and can be taken out to cool down.
The buttermilk bread recipe actually requires the dough to be folded every 8 hours. Unfortunately, I had no time to upload the buttermilk bread photographed here. When you fold it, the crumb loosens considerably.