Today I have a vegan pumpkin bread recipe with which I would like to open my personal pumpkin season.
I’m an absolute fan of pumpkin bread. Because it tastes super delicious with both sweet and savory spreads.
This vegan pumpkin bread recipe is nice fluffy and juicy. Its consistency is reminiscent of French white bread. But in terms of taste it is much better.
Theoretically, you can use any pumpkin. I prefer to use a Hokkaido pumpkin for this vegan pumpkin bread recipe, because it tastes good and you can cook it with peel.
This saves a lot of time. But what am I saying? You should definitely try my vegan pumpkin bread recipe for yourself.
A delicious pumpkin recipe, perfect for sweet and savory spreads.
- 300g raw pumpkin meat
- 60g water
- 125g soy milk
- 1 EL coconut oil
- 300g All Purpose Flour
- 200g White Spelt Flour
- 10g fresh yeast
- 6g salt
- 2EL raw cane sugar
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and cook with 60g water in a small pot over medium heat.
- Take off about 20g of soy milk. Crumble the yeast and dissolve in it. (The mixture is added later to the remaining ingredients)
- The cooked pumpkin meat will now puree together with the remaining soy milk and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Put the remaining, dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, add the cooled pumpkin puree and the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough of the vegan pumpkin bread recipe with the food processor for about 5-10 minutes. Until the dough separates from the edge of the bowl.
- The dough must now rest covered at room temperature for about one hour. After that the dough should have increased considerably.
- The vegan pumpkin bread is now almost ready. Just fold the dough, put it into a box and let it relax for 20 minutes.
Theoretically you could also bake the bread freely, but I prefer this bread with less crust. So I bake it in a box.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200° top/bottom heat.
- Now bake the bread on the bottom rail for 35 minutes and ready is a delicious, vegan pumpkin bread recipe.
Who does not eat vegan, can replace the soy milk naturally also by normal milk.
Are you looking for more vegan bread recipes
Most of the bread recipes on my blog are actually vegan.
If a bread is not vegan, I have written an article here how you can bake any bread vegan.